A couple of days ago I stopped by one of those ‘healthy shakes’ shops and ordered some veggie/fruit shake and spotted the protein bounce bars. Of course, I had to pick some as they’re so delicious. Well, but the bill wasn’t so del – £10 for 3 bounce bars and 1 healthy shake which cost £3 so….almost £2 for one small ball, no thanks!
God thank for Nicola from Nics Nutrition and her smashing recipes. I’ve spotted one of her recent ‘no-bake protein balls’ for making your own ‘bounce bars’ which are not expensive as the original ones.
My Cheap Almond Butter Protein Balls
I’ve used Nic’s recipe as a base for my own protein balls and I swapped/added some ingredients;
- 1 and half scoop of MyProtein Impact Whey – (I use the Unflavoured version, very cheap but high quality – you don’t pay extra for fancy packaging)
- 2 Full TBSP of MyProtein Pure Almond Butter – This one is really a bargain – 1kg of 100% Almond Butter for less than a tenner! They often run some discounts so you can get it even cheaper. Holland & Barrett can’t really beat that with their tiny pot for around £2.89.
- 1 TBSP of 100% Cocoa Powder
- Handful of Almond Flakes – (Lidl sell them at cheapest price out of all supermarkets including Asda)
- 1 TBSP Desiccated Coconut for rolling
How-To Do It
Simply mix it all together, make your balls and roll them in the coconut. You can then put in the freezer or fridge for about 20mins. That’s it!
For the full recipe and instructions head over to her website or watch the her video-recipe below;