After a 45K bike ride during super-sunny and extremely hot Sunday I really needed something sweet, cold, tasty… but healthy. I’m sure you’ve already heard about the Wheyhey protein ice cream as it’s really everywhere.
For those who haven’t seen it yet, I guess you must have been blind and/or deaf as it was everywhere, the Wheyhey protein ice cream:
- has 123 calories but no sugar which is apparently due to a natural sweetener, Xylitol
- has as much protein as a 70 gram chicken breast (LOL)
- comes in three flavors – chocolate, vanilla and strawberry
- it’s gluten free!
- it tastes good but it’s a lil’ bit pricey! A 150ml tiny pot will cost you £2.69 (if you have a GNC gold card it will be a bit cheaper 🙂
- it does not make you skinny! If you go for Whehey protein ice cream instead of Ben & Jerry’s you will make a good choice.
Well, as a frequent Holland & Barrett-er and GNC-er I’ve come across it too and supplied myself with chocolate and vanilla versions (best choice ever). Although I find the portion to be very tiny; 150ml pot of ice cream is really not enough for me especially after a proper sweaty workout. I hope Wheyhey will come up with some bigger options too (please!).
Well, I decided to pimp the ice cream a little bit and I added berries, cocoa powder and cinnamon….Total blast…It was better than my usual post-workout protein shake.
If you want to treat yourself to here’s my recipe.
My Post-Ride ‘Pimped’ Healthy Ice Cream Recipe
Mix all of the following ingredients together:
- 1 Tbsp of Organic cocoa powder
- Tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp of berries or other fruits
- 1 pot of the Wheyhey Vanilla Protein Ice Cream
- Almond flakes to top it up 🙂
- Optional: 1 Tbsp of PB2 or protein powder to increase the intake
Have you tried it too? What do you think, good or waste of money?