Fancy something sweet but too lazy to visit your corner shop? Well, I was exactly in the same situation a few days ago. I came back from my Saturday’s long run and fancied something sweet but I didn’t have cash (Nope didn’t want to be charged extra £0.50 for using my plastic) nor the willpower to walk for extra 300 metres after 4hours or running. So I came up with this master plan and decided to make my own sweet post-run snack.
Basically, I opened my food cupboard and picked everything I like and mixed it together. That’s it really. Apart form being it super easy and quick there is not much washing-up to do – No messin’, no bakin’
Here’s what I used..
PROTEIN // I use this super-tasty one from MaxiNutrition)
MAPLE SYRUP // Clarks maple syrup (I was given this syrup to try out and I really like it)
- 2 scoops of chocolate Protein powder (I use this super-tasty one from MaxiNutrition)
- half cup (4-5 tbsp) of oats or grounded almonds
- 2 tbsp of any nut butter
- 2 tsp of Clarks maple syrup (I was given this syrup to try out and I really like it)
- Splash of milk
- Desiccated coconut
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and use your hands to mix it. If you have a blender, go ahead and use it; I broke mine
- Now use your hands to roll the mixture into balls and cover them in the coconut. Add some milk to make the paste a bit smoother
- Eat and repeat! You can store them in the fridge for as long as you want, they're bullet-proof
A few pounds well saved! What do you think? What’s your ultimate recipe for some sweet post-run snack?